They are dangerous, yet beautiful. The volcanoes in East Java await you to explore. Start your journey in Surabaya. Then, drive to Mt. Bromo and watch the beautiful sunrise with a breath-taking scenery. After that, drive further East to Banyuwangi and watch the amazing blue flame at Mt. Ijen. Eventually, end your journey in Ketapang ferry port where you can take a ferry to Bali.
Surabaya (airport, train station, or hotel).
Ketapang ferry port in Banyuwangi.
- Pick up service in Surabaya.
- Private overland transport.
- Jeep transfer to Bromo.
- Drop off in Ketapang ferry port or Banyuwangi train station/airport.
- Entrance fee to Bromo and Ijen.
- Stay 1 night in Bromo Permai Hotel or similar accommodation (incl. breakfast).
- Stay 1 night in Ketapang Indah Hotel or similar accommodation (incl. breakfast).
- Gas masks for Ijen trip.
- English speaking guide service.
- Flight/train tickets to Surabaya.
- Personal expenses.
- Meals (lunch and dinner).
- Horse-back riding in Bromo.
- Gratuity for tour guide and driver.
THINGS TO BRING
- Warm clothes.
The temperature in Bromo and Ijen could drop to 5 degree Celcius at night and in the morning.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
This trip will involve walking through soil path in mountainous area.
Your awesome trip:
Surabaya - Bromo
- Pick up service in Surabaya (airport, train station or your hotel).
- Drive between 3 and 4 hours to Bromo (approx. 110 km).
- The rest of the day is free programme. You might be interested to take a walk outside the hotel to see the massive caldera.
Meals included: none.
Bromo - Banyuwangi
- Departure to the Bromo sunrise view point at 03:30 AM.
- When you're ready, continue driving to the parking lot of Mt. Bromo. From here, you can take a walk up to the crater rim. Alternatively, you can ride on a horseback to the foothill of Mt. Bromo, then continue walking up to the crater rim.
- From Bromo, driving back to your hotel. Arrival around 9AM.
- Have breakfast and clean up.
- When you're ready, continue driving to Banyuwangi (around 230 km). It takes between 6 and 7 hours to get there.
- On your arrival in Banyuwangi, the rest of the day is free programme for your leisure time. Please be ready for after midnight departure to Ijen Crater.
Meals included: breakfast.
Banyuwangi - Ijen - Ketapang
- Departure to Ijen Crater at 00:30AM.
- Drive around 1.5 hours to Paltuding (approx. 55 km), the parking lot of Ijen Crater.
- From Paltuding, take a walk up to the crater rim of Mt. Ijen. The distance is around 3 kilometres and it takes around 90 minutes to get there through soil and steep path.
- When you're ready, walking back to Paltuding and driving back to your accommodation in Banyuwangi. Arrival around 9AM.
- Have breakfast and clean up. When you're ready, we'll drop you off in Ketapang ferry port. It depends on your next trip, we can also drop you in train station or airport.