From the highland of Bromo, catch a train to Kalibaru. Then, driving straight Sukamade Beach through remaining tropical rainforest in Java. The next day you can hike up to Ijen Crater. The Overland Bromo Sukamade Ijen will show you various landscape of East Java on your journey from Yogyakarta to Bali. If you’d like to extend your stay one day longer, please have a look at the similar trip of Bromo Rajegwesi Sukamade Ijen.
Here's an awesome trip for you:
Surabaya - Probolinggo - Bromo.
- Pick up service in Surabaya or Probolinggo train station.
- Drive to Bromo.
- Free programme in the evening.
- Overnight in Cemara Lawang, Bromo.
Bromo - Kalibaru - Sukamade.
- Bromo sunrise tour. Departure at 3:30 AM.
- Back to the hotel around 8 AM.
- Breakfast, clean up and pack up.
- At 9 AM, drive to Probolinggo train station.
- Take the 11 AM train service to Kalibaru.
- Arrival in Kalibaru at 14:03 PM.
- From Kalibaru train station, drive straight to Sukamade.
- Arrival in Sukamade in early evening.
- After dinner, join in the turtle patrol programme in Sukamade Beach.
- Overnight in Sukamade.
Sukamade - Teluk Hijau - Banyuwangi.
- At 6 AM, releasing baby turtles home to the Indian Ocean.
- After breakfast, drive back to Rajegwesi.
- Visit Teluk Hijau (Green Cove).
- When you're ready, continue driving to Banyuwangi
- Free time in the evening.
- Get ready for after midnight departure to Kawah Ijen.
Kawah Ijen - Banyuwangi - Ketapang.
- Departure to Kawah Ijen around 1 AM for the blue flame tour.
- Get back to the hotel around 9 AM.
- Breakfast, clean up and pack up.
- When you're ready, we'll drop you off in Ketapang ferry port.
Things to Bring
The temperature in Bromo and Ijen can drop to 5 Celcius degree at night and early morning during dry season (June to October). You may need a jumper to keep you warm while waiting for sunrise or watching the blue flame.
A pair of comfortable walking shoes may keep your feet clean and warm along dusty path of Ijen and Bromo. If you’d like to put your sandals on, make sure it has a good grip and bring along thick socks to keep your feet warm.
Although we provide gas mask for your Ijen trip, a scarf could be helpful to double protect your nose from dusty path in Ijen and near Bromo crater as well as to keep your neck warm.
In case you want to keep your hands warm.
This would be handy for your Sukamade trip.
- Pick up service in Surabaya, Malang or Probolinggo.
- Jeep transfer to Bromo.
- Drop off in Probolinggo train station.
- Train tickets to Kalibaru; executive class.
- Pick up service in Kalibaru train station.
- Transfer to Sukamade, Banyuwangi and Kawah Ijen.
- Boat trip in Teluk Hijau.
- Drop off in Ketapang ferry port.
- Ferry tickets to Bali.
- Stay 1 night in Bromo Permai or similar accommodation.
- Stay 1 night in Sukamade Lodge.
- Stay 1 night in Ketapang Indah Hotel or similar accommodation.
All accommodations includes breakfast service, while in Sukamade also includes lunch and dinner.
- Entrance fee to Bromo, Sukamade and Kawah Ijen.
- English speaking guide service for Sukamade and Ijen trip.
- Contribution for rangers and releasing baby turtles in Sukamade.
- Gas masks for Ijen trip.
- Drinking water.
Please note that our quotation typically excludes:
- Flight or train tickets to Surabaya, Malang or Probolinggo.
- Horse riding in Bromo.
- Local guide service in Bromo.
- Meals as not indicated on the itinerary.
- Personal expenses (laundry, minibar, etc).
- Gratuity for tour guide and drivers.
The price of Overland Bromo Sukamade Ijen starts from 4,400,000 IDR/person. The final price, however, is customised according to number of tour participants, final accommodation choices, travel dates and other custom preferences.
Please have a chat with us for further information. Once you’re ready to book this tour, you can come back here and click the BOOK NOW button below to book the tour.