Expand your knowledge of Yogyakarta by visiting Kotagede. This quarter used to be the capital of Islamic Mataram Empire (predecessor of Yogyakarta). Take a stroll through the alleys and to learn the distinctive architecture style in Kotagede with our local guide. Getting knowledge of Javanese society from the local people with whom you can mingle during the tour. Experience the process of making silver jewelleries at a local silversmith workshop where you can enjoy shopping, too!
DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION
Your accommodation in Yogyakarta.
- Pick up and drop off service in your accommodation.
- Local guide service in Kotagede (English speaking).
- Lunch/dinner (local cuisines).
- Accommodation in Yogyakarta.
- Personal expenses.
- Gratuity for tour guide and driver.
THINGS TO BRING / WEAR
- Hat & sunscreen.
Particularly if you take the morning tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes / sandals.
- Appropriate apparels.
Trousers and T-Shirt are fine. No tank top, please.
Your awesome trip:
Kotagede Heritage Walking Tour
- There are two departures for this tour. Morning tour is from 9 AM to 12 PM. Afternoon tour is from 4 PM to 7 PM.
- Pick up service in your accommodation 1 hour before departure.
- On your arrival in Kotagede, our local tour guide will meet and greet you.
- After a short introduction, he/she will walk with you around Kotagede quarter. The walking route may vary, according to your interest.
- Most of our previous guests would like to visit several places of interest in Kotagede such as Omah UGM, the Great Mosque, Monggo Chocolate Factory, Between Two Gates, and the Silver Mosque.
- At the end of the walking tour, the local guide will take you to the local community hall to taste local cuisines for your lunch or dinner.
- When you're ready, we'll drive you back to your accommodation.
Meals included: none.