Welcome to the homeland of orangutans in Tanjung Puting National Park! This trip will take you to explore the lowland forest of Tanjung Puting, a habitat for around 4,100 Bornean wild orangutans. To get there, you have to take a houseboat ride through Kumai and Sekonyer River. Feel the sensation of staying 2 nights on board in the jungle.
DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION
Pangkalan Bun airport (PKN).
- Pick up and drop off service in Pangkalan Bun airport.
- Transfer to Kumai.
- Entrance and other registration fee to Tanjung Puting National Park.
- 2 nights stay on klotok with full board service.
- English speaking guide service.
- Flight tickets to/from Pangkalan Bun.
- Personal expenses.
- Gratuity for tour guide and boat crew.
THINGS TO BRING
- Long sleeves apparel.
- Insects repellent.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
Your awesome trip:
Pangkalan Bun - Kumai - Tanjung Harapan
- On your arrival in Pangkalan Bun airport, our team member will meet and greet you. It's strongly recommended to take morning flight to Pangkalan Bun.
- Drive around 20 minutes to the klotok harbour in Kumai.
- Hop on to your klotok (houseboat) and start cruising Kumai and Sekonyer River. Lunch will be served on board.
- After 2 hours trip, the boat will arrive in the jetty of Tanjung Harapan. From the jetty, take a walk around 30 minutes to the feeding platform for orangutans. This will be your first encounter with orangutans in the wild.
- From Tanjung Harapan, the boat will move deeper to the national park. You may find a group of proboscis monkey (Nasalis larvatus) hanging on trees at the bank of Sekonyer River.
- When it gets dark, the boat will stop. Dinner will be served on board. Free programme in the evening.
Meals included: lunch, dinner.
Pondok Tanggui - Camp Leakey
- Wake up in the morning in the forest of Tanjung Puting National Park.
- Breakfast will be served on board while the boat is embarking to another feeding platform in Pondok Tanggui. It takes another 30 minutes walk from the jetty of Pondok Tanggui to the feeding platform.
- From Pondok Tanggui, the boat will be moving to the legendary Camp Leakey. It becomes a legend because a long-term research on orangutans have been conducting here since early 1970s.
- Lunch will be served on board before you leave for to the camp.
- From the jetty, take a walk around 40 minutes to the feeding platform. Here, you may experience a very close encounter with wild orangutans. They might walk near you. Please be always careful by keeping a distance from them.
- From the Camp Leakey, the boat will be heading back toward Kumai.
- The boat will stop moving when it gets dark. Dinner will be served on board. Free programme in the evening.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Kumai - Pangkalan Bun
- In the morning, the boat will be moving back to Kumai. Breakfast will be served on board.
- From Kumai, our driver will take you back to the airport in Pangkalan Bun.
- End of our programme.