Despite its massive development, East Java still has some remaining tropical forest. Let’s explore Sukamade National Park where you can drive through soil path in the tropical forest. Heading to the beach where turtles still come ashore to lay their eggs at night. This tour is a very recommended extension between your trip to Bromo and Ijen.
Surabaya or Malang.
Ketapang ferry port in Banyuwangi.
- Pick up service in Surabaya or Malang.
- Private overland transport.
- 4-WD transfer to Bromo and Sukamade.
- Drop off in Ketapang ferry port or Banyuwangi train station/airport.
- Entry fee to Bromo, Sukamade and Ijen.
- Stay 1 night in Bromo Permai Hotel or similar accommodation (incl. breakfast).
- Stay 1 night in Margo Utomo Hotel or similar accommodation (incl. breakfast).
- Stay 1 night in Sukamade Lodge or local homestays (incl. dinner & breakfast).
- Stay 1 night in Ketapang Indah Hotel or similar accommodation (incl. breakfast).
- Gas masks for Ijen trip.
- English speaking guide service.
- Flight/train tickets to Surabaya or Malang.
- Personal expenses.
- Meals (lunch and dinner).
- Horse-back riding in Bromo.
- Gratuity for tour guide and driver.
THINGS TO BRING
- Warm clothes.
The temperature in Bromo and Ijen could drop to 5 degree Celcius at night and in the morning.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
This trip will involve walking through soil path in mountainous area.
- Insects repellent for the trip to Sukamade.
Your awesome trip:
Surabaya - Bromo
- Pick up service in Surabaya (airport, train station or your hotel).
- Drive between 3 and 4 hours to Bromo (approx. 110 km).
- The rest of the day is free programme. You might be interested to take a walk outside the hotel to see the massive caldera of Bromo.
Overnight in Bromo (Bromo Permai Hotel).
Meals included: none.
Bromo - Kalibaru
- Departure to the Bromo sunrise view point at 03:30 AM.
- When you're ready, continue driving to the parking lot of Mt. Bromo. From here, you can take a walk up to the crater rim. Alternatively, you can ride on a horseback to the foothill of Mt. Bromo, then continue walking up to the crater rim.
- From Bromo, driving back to your hotel. Arrival around 9AM.
- Have breakfast and clean up.
- When you're ready, continue driving to Kalibaru (around 200 km). It takes around 6 hours to get there.
- On your arrival in Kalibaru, check in to the hotel and the rest of the day is free programme for your leisure time.
Overnight in Kalibaru (Margo Utomo Hill View or Kalibaru Cottage).
Meals included: Breakfast.
Kalibaru - Rajegwesi - Sukamade
- Our team members will pick you up in the hotel in the morning. After breakfast, depart to Sukamade around 8AM.
- On the way to Sukamade, we'll visit cocoa plantation, brown sugar home-industry, and Rajegwesi Beach. Lunch will be served in a local homestay in Rajegwesi.
- Arrival in Sukamade in the afternoon, you may take a walk to the beach before sunset. Please note that the current and wave of Sukamade Beach is not very safe for swimming. You are strongly advise not to swim here.
- After dinner, we'll be joining the ranger walking along the beach to find any turtles come ashore to lay eggs. Around 11PM or at midnight, get back to your accommodation and have some rest.
Overnight in Sukamade Lodge.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Sukamade - Teluk Hijau - Banyuwangi
- Around 6AM, we'll be releasing baby turtles to the ocean.
- Get back to the accommodation and have breakfast. When you're ready, heading to Banyuwangi.
- Stop over in Teluk Hijau (Green Bay). As the name says, it's a bay with a white-sandy beach and greenish clear water. It takes around 30 minutes walk through tropical jungle to get there. The walking distance is around 1km.
- When you're ready, get back to the car and continue driving to Banyuwangi. Lunch break in a warung or local restaurant near Rajegwesi.
- After that, drive straightforward to Banyuwangi. Arrival in the afternoon, check in hotel and the rest of the day is free programme.
Overnight in Ketapang Indah Hotel in Banyuwangi (or similar hotels).
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch.
Banyuwangi - Ijen Crater - Ketapang
- Departure to Ijen. There are two options for this departure. If you'd like to watch the blue flame of Ijen, then you'll be picked up at 1AM and get back to your hotel around 9AM. If you just want to hike to Ijen and watch the volcano lake, you could depart around 4:30AM and get back to your hotel around 11AM.
- On your arrival in your accommodation, you'll have enough time to clean up and pack up.
- When you're ready, we'll drop off service in Ketapang ferry port.
Meals included: Breakfast.