From the highland of Bromo, catch a train to Kalibaru. Then, driving straight to Sukamade Beach through remaining tropical rainforest in Java. The next day you can hike up to Ijen Crater. The Overland Bromo Sukamade Ijen will show you various landscape of East Java on your journey from Yogyakarta to Bali.
Day 1: Surabaya - Probolinggo - Bromo
- Pick up service in Surabaya or Probolinggo train station.
- Drive to Bromo.
- Free programme in the evening.
- Overnight in Cemara Lawang, Bromo.
Meals included: none.
Day 2: Bromo - Kalibaru - Sukamade
- Bromo sunrise tour; departure at 03:30 AM.
- Back to the hotel around 08:30 AM.
- Breakfast, clean up and pack up.
- At 9 AM, drive to Probolinggo train station.
- Take the 11 AM train service to Kalibaru.
- From Kalibaru train station, drive straight to Sukamade.
- At night, join in the turtle patrol programme in Sukamade Beach.
- Overnight in Sukamade.
Meals included: breakfast, dinner.
Day 3: Sukamade - Teluk Hijau - Banyuwangi
- Releasing baby turtles to the Indian Ocean at 6 AM.
- After breakfast, drive back toward Rajegwesi.
- Visit Teluk Hijau (Green Bay).
- When you're ready, continue driving to Banyuwangi.
- Free time in the evening.
- Overnight in Banyuwangi.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch.
Day 4: Kawah Ijen - Banyuwangi - Ketapang
- Ijen blue flame tour, departure around 1 AM.
- Get back to the hotel around 09:30 AM.
- Breakfast, clean up and pack up.
- When you're ready, we'll drop you off in Ketapang ferry port.
- End of tour.
Meals included: breakfast.
Things to Bring
- Light warm clothing.
The temperature in Bromo and Ijen can drop to 5 Celcius degree at night and early morning during dry season (June to October). You may need a jumper to keep you warm while waiting for sunrise or watching the blue flame.
- Walking shoes.
A pair of comfortable walking shoes may keep your feet clean and warm along dusty path of Ijen and Bromo. If you’d like to put your sandals on, make sure it has a good grip and bring along thick socks to keep your feet warm.
Although we provide gas mask for your Ijen trip, a scarf could be helpful to double protect your nose from dusty path in Ijen and near Bromo crater as well as to keep your neck warm.
In case you want to keep your hands warm.
- Mosquito repellent.
This would be handy for your Sukamade trip.
- Pick up service in Surabaya or Probolinggo.
- Transfer to Bromo, Sukamade and Kawah Ijen.
- Train tickets to Kalibaru station.
- Pick up service in Kalibaru station.
- Boat trip in Teluk Hijau.
- Drop off in Ketapang ferry port.
- Ferry train tickets to Bali.
- Stay 1 night in Bromo Permai Hotel or similar accommodation in Bromo.
- Stay 1 night in Sukamade Lodge.
- Stay 1 night in Ketapang Indah Hotel or similar accommodation in Banyuwangi.
- Entrance fee to Bromo, Sukamade and Kawah Ijen.
- English speaking guide.
- Contribution for rangers and releasing baby turtles in Sukamade.
- Gas masks for Ijen trip.
- Drinking water.
Please note that our quotation excludes:
- Flight or train tickets to Surabaya or Probolinggo.
- Horse riding in Bromo.
- Meals as not indicated on the itinerary.
- Personal expenses (shopping, laundry, minibar, phone call, etc.).
- Gratuity for tour guide and drivers.
The price of Overland Bromo Sukamade Ijen starts from 4,400,000 IDR/person. The final price, however, is customised according to number of tour participants, final accommodation choices, travel dates and other custom preferences. Please feel free to contact us by filling in the form below to get a quotation.